Sunspots are those brown and black ugly spots on the skin. They primarily occur due to excessive sun exposure. They occur on the cheeks, nose, lips, ears, neck, forehead, shoulders, and hands. People who are on the fairer side and tan easily are the most likely to get sunspots on skin.
Symptoms of sunspots on skin:
· Brown, gray, red, and black sunspots on skin
· Spots appear on the sun-exposed parts of the skin
· The sunspots look like rough patches, raised warts, scaly lesions, and sometimes cause itching
Tips to prevent sunspots on skin:
1. Use a sunscreen to prevent sunspots on skin. Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 15, before stepping out in the sun. The sunscreen guards the skin against UVA and UVB rays and prevents sunspots on skin. For harsh sun rays between 10 pm to 4 pm, a sunscreen with SPF 30 is recommended. Apply the cream profusely on the face, shoulders, and other exposed areas. Re-apply the sunscreen after 2-3 hours. Also, if you stay in your car for long hours, try installing anti-UB coating on your car windows. While on the beach, apply waterproof sunscreen lusciously, stay inside the canopies. Wear oversized hats to avoid the sun rays that result in sunspots on skin.
2. Wear protective clothing like hats, scarves, and full-sleeved tops to protect you from the sunspots on skin. Keep the exposed parts of your skin covered while stepping out in the sun. To avoid sunspots skin, wear clothes with UV protection of 40-50.
3. Keep your skin hydrated. Drink plenty of water and other fluids to prevent dehydration of the body and sunspots on skin. Water replenishes the body with the lost electrolytes. It thwarts the heating occurring within the internal layers of the skin. Hence, it prevents the sunspots on skin.
Remedies to get rid of sun spots on skin:
Home remedies for sunspots on skin:
Simple kitchen ingredients can work wonders for your skin. With regular use, they remove blemishes, marks, and the sunspots on skin.
1. Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains alpha hydroxyl acids that lighten the sunspots on skin. Lemon juice contains citric acid which has skin lightening properties. Mix 1/2 Tsp of ACV and lemon juice. Soak a cotton ball in this mix and apply on the dark areas of the skin. You can apply this solution on the entire face. It will cause some redness and sting initially. For sensitive skin, dilute the mix with a few drops of water. Leave it for an hour. For best results use this mix overnight. Rinse the face thoroughly in the morning and apply a light moisturizer. Continue the treatment for 6 weeks to see the results. Never step out in the sun while applying this mask. It may cause severe skin damage.
2. Aloe Vera- This wonder plant is a natural skin healer for sun spots on the skin. Extract the juice/sap of the fresh aloe leave and apply generously all over the affected parts. Follow this treatment twice a day. Continue for 2 months to lighten the sun spots on skin.
3. Tea bags- Do not throw away your tea bags after making green tea this time. Apply the soaked tea bags to the sunspots on skin. Alternatively, use fresh tea bags boiled and soaked in water. You can soak a cotton ball in the tea liquid and apply it to the sunspots on skin. The antioxidants in green tea work towards healing the skin damage and lessen the sun spots on the skin. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in aloe accelerate skin repair. Apply this tea solution 2-3 times a day. This remedy slowly removes all the sun spots on skin.
4. Milk/buttermilk- Dab a cotton ball with milk or buttermilk solution. Apply abundantly over the sunspots on skin. Leave for an hour. Wash the face and moisturize. The lactic acid in milk lightens the skin tone. Buttermilk reduces stubborn marks and sun spots on skin.
5. Egg oil- Egg oil contains omega fats that can penetrate into the deep layers of the skin and heal the sun spots on skin. Massage the sunspots with egg oil and leave for an hour. Rinse and moisturize. Repeat the skin regime twice a day. Continue till the sunspots on skin minimize.
6. Sour cream-Apply sour cream to the sun spots on skin. Sour cream not only has a soothing effect on the skin, it reduces the dark sunspots with regular usage. The enzymes in the sour cream work to restore the normal skin tone. Use daily for a speedy recovery of the sunspots on skin.
If the sunspots on the skin appear severe, get them examined by a dermatologist. Once he confirms they are harmless, adopt a regular beauty regime. Cleansers that contain enzymes of papaya and pineapple help in removing the epidermal layer of dead skin. They lighten the sun spots on skin. Pick cleansers that have salicylic acid or glycolic acid. Exfoliators cleanse the skin effectively, remove the dead skin, and lessen the sunspots on skin. Brightening serums improve the skin tone. They contain melanin inhibiting compounds that prevent further darkening of the skin. Further, with regular application, they lighten the sunspots on skin.
Professional treatment for the sun spots on skin:
If the sun spots on skin do not reduce after six weeks, it’s time to take professional help. Dermatologists suggest chemical creams, peel, drugs, and other dermal procedures. Laser therapy, cryotherapy, dermabrasion, and freezing are some of the derma treatments. Your dermatologist will identify your skin type and suggest the best therapy to lessen the sun spots on skin. Retin-A is a widely used serum for skin discolorations. Experts at derma salons are well trained and have extensive knowledge about treating the sunspots on skin. Fix an appointment if your stubborn sun spots on skin cease to diminish.
Sunspots on skin, if left untreated, might grow in size. Kitchen and home remedies provide effective treatment for sunspots on skin. Chemical peels and Retin-A serums not only lighten the sunspots on skin, they prevent future spots. The best remedy for sunspots is prevention. Stay clear of sun rays, especially if your skin is sensitive. Serums reduce the skin pigmentation and lighten the skin complexion. They are excellent varieties available in the market, which eradicate the sun spots on skin. These serums are packed with enzymes, exfoliators, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Derma treatments and salon experts offer incredible skin services to restore the glow of your skin and lessen the sun spots on skin. Keep yourself covered and use a high-quality sunscreen to prevent the sunspots on skin.